Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thailand Update IV

Greetings From Thailand!
Classes are now over and we are preparing to go on our ministry trips!  There is a group going to Nepal, one to Indonesia, one to Vietnam, two to Myanmar, and my group is going to China!   I am leading the trip which means that I make the final decision on where to go and what to do!  It will be challenging trip but I am looking forward to it!

Backing up: last Saturday we (most of the student body) went the night bazar.  We had lots of fun.  It is touristy place so there were lots and lots of little stands there selling.....anything!  Below is a picture of a fish spa.  Its a fish tank with lots of little fish in it.  You put your feet into it and the fish supposedly eat the dead skin and other things (except toes) off your feet. The biggest fish that I saw was like 2.5" long.  Most of them were more like an 1-1.5" long.  It feels really funny. It did tickle for a little bit but I soon got used to it.

My friend Austin and I with our feet among the fish!!

Yes, those are my fee that you see between fish!
Three of the girls did it too!!!  Janelle, Deanne, and Barbara!

A gecko that caught a dragonfly

Today is a lot of orientation for ministry trips next week.  Just details on what we can, should and shouldn't do!  We also did a team building activity.  Don't ask me what it is because I want to do it with the youth group sometime!!  ;).
Today is very relaxing in comparison to the rest of the week.  With test coming up and all other activities and responsibilities to keep up with it was almost stressful!  Let me know if you have any questions.  I won't have my computer or internet connection on the trip to china so you all will not hear from me in that time!  Look for another update after Sept. 26!!

.....till next time, cookie 

No comments:

Post a Comment